It is really difficult to mention all those 250 features here, but it is even more difficult to choose only few features to mention here as every new feature is exceptional in their own way! Yet, I'm going to mention top seven features that I liked the most in OS X lion.
* AirDrop - Simplest way to share files wirelessly with other Mac users around you with no network connection. Just drag and drop files to share. No setup or special configuration required. OS X Lion automatically discover Mac users around you. Files are encrypted using TLS and firewall protection helps you keep the connection secure. Your privacy is important, so you can turn off finder window easily or cancel transfer with a click.
* FaceTime - Why just hear voice when you can see them in high definition ? Now you can make video calls to other Intel based Mac computers, iPad 2, iPhone 4, or even latest iPod Touch ! With built-in FaceTime HD camera, video clarity is just the best you can get than reality ! Automatic switching between landscape and portrait depending on the mobile device you are calling. You can turn off FaceTime at anytime.
* FileVault 2 - Now entire drive of your Mac is encrypted by Filevault 2 which uses XTS-AES 128 encryption to keep your data secured ! All this happens at blazing speed and you can continue working as the drive gets encrypted. It also supports encryption of external USB and FireWire drives.
* Multi-Touch Gestures - Your every finger gesture finds a meaning in your new Mac. Tap, Pinch, Swipe and do more. Fluid animations make you feel your gestures more responsive, as like your fingers are on screen!
* Windows Migration - Migrate all information on your old windows PC to new Mac. All your contacts, emails accounts, photos in Picasa, are transfered with no pain and put to work with appropriate applications.
* Screen Sharing - This awesome feature lets you log in remotely to any account on your Mac without interuppting someone else using it under different log in ! Take your screen sharing applications full screen for better view and control.
* Resume Apps or even System - Now when you launch apps, they will be resumed as you had left them., even the cursor position and highlighted text comes back ! Do the same with System when you restart and everything you had left comes live, so you can start working immediately. You can choose to clean start after restart for fresh desktop.
Now let me tell something about Thunderbolt I/O and Apple Thunderbolt Display.
Thunderbolt Technology lets you move data between device and your computer at unimaginable speed. With two channels of 10 Gbps throughput in both directions, data transfer takes place 20 times faster than USB 2.0 or 12 times faster than FireWire 800 ! You can connect upto six devices through a single compact port built right into your display !
With In-Plane Switching technology, Thunderbolt display looks brilliant from every angle ! Thunderbolt is not just about videos, it also delivers a supreme audio too. With built-in sub woofers, Games, Movies and Music comes live! Ambient Light Sensor adjust Thunderbolt display brightness intelligently. Choose the viewing angle from -5 degrees to 25 degrees that suits you the best.
Transform your new Mac notebook into a complete desktop workstation with Apple Thunderbolt Display! This 27 inch widescreen display with LED backlight technology gives you a panoramic viewing experience. This display comes with an astonishing resolution of 2560x1440 ! Built-in FaceTime HD camera and microphone let you make video calls by connecting your new Mac, open or closed ! Or just take few snapshots using Photo Booth.
If you have purchased Mac after 6th June 2011 without OS X Lion, you can upgrade to Lion for free ! See Apple website if your Mac qualify for the free upgrade or not. And note that this offer ends on 19th of August 2011. So hurry up !!